Big Pool 6/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Pool 6/18

Well thought I would try my luck again today throwing for the Greenies. I have come to the conclusion that I am better suited for the river and smallies.

Got on the water by 0545. Started throwing the spinner that I have been dying to land one on with no luck. Switched over to the black buzz bait with No luck. Finally hit some downed timber with a white zoom fluke on a shaky head and pulled in a 14 inch mud cat. Nasty little turd he was.

Started throwing a tube with no luck, jig and craw with no luck. Went back to the fluke and nailed this fellow.

Couple casts later and I pulled his little brother off a weed pile.

I forgot to mention that the weather channel is crap. My sunny high of 77 turned into rain with a high of 68. The water temp in Big Pool was high today. Really warm. Wish I had a thermometer. Need to stop at wally world and pick up a cheap one. The rain was cool and the fishing was tough.

Next weekend I think im going back to my comfort zone by throwing for smallies in the river.
    Locate, close with, and destroy the enemy, by fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat.

Ascend A10
    Nagging the wife for a Commander 140
Working...
X