Triadelphia - 6/19/12 Multi Species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia - 6/19/12 Multi Species

Still skunk free at Triadelphia in 2012.

Beautiful evening. Overcast. No wind. No other vehicles at the boat ramp. Saw one other boat on the reservoir so I essentially had 800 acres all to myself.

I'm still trying to figure out how to catch walleyes or bass on this bottom bouncer rig. Ended up with 3 species. There are WAY too many small white perch at Triadelphia...

Fish are deeper with the 78 degree water. Found more fish suspending in the main lake body. Discovered an off shore hump with some vegetation on it.

Had two heavy fish come off before they made it to the kayak. I'm guessing one was a catfish and the other might have been a larger white perch.

Last edited by DanMarino; 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM.

At Rocky Gorge I've been having good success trolling deep diver husky jerk rapalas that dive to around 20 ft deep in 30-40' water. The fish all seem to be suspending around 20 ft deep. I caught one 6 lber, and a baby striper between Scott's Cove and the 29 bridge.

The firetiger color is pretty good in deep water. I think you stand a good chance of catching a pike or big bass if you troll the big ones. The J13 jointed ones dive to about 14 ft, so you probably don't need a bottom bouncer for them. I would add a few split shots 2' above the jointed rapala if you want it to go deeper.

I've stopped using a depthfinder because I noticed it was distracting me while trolling, and just use the maps on this site to guestimate:

http://www.mgs.md.gov/coastal/maps/lr/rockygorge.html
    Last edited by perchy; 06-20-2012, 10:20 AM.
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Working...
    X