back from vacation fishing report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from vacation fishing report

i got home from vacation yesterday from nc. i cot 3 flounder and one spanish mackeral in two weeks. the fishing was so slow. i did catch dozens or spot whiting croaker bluefish and lizard fish but mainly i fished for flounder. i got this 12.5 inch spanish on a red/white gotcha . i caught alot of 15+inch blues on it also. i caught all flounder on live mullet fished on a carolina rig near the beach from the kure beach pier. also i missed about 20 flounder and had 2 wrap around the piling that broke off. 2 of the flounder were 2 pounds and one of them was 2.5 ... also one day while i was catching mulllet all i could get were 7 or 8 inch mullet so i decided to try them and that 2 pound flounder sucked it up whole. that suprised me alot. also the 2.5 pounder ate a 8 inch mullet .
    Attached Files

nice fish, too bad the bite was not a little better.
    Cliff Williams
    Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

congrats - sounds like a pretty nice trip. i never livelined for the flounder, but have heard it's the ticket for doormats. i was in OC last week and noticed a tackleshop at commercial harbor with big sign selling live spot. i guess for flounder but can't really say.

Comment

Working...
      X