6/22/12 Severn River Kayak Crabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/22/12 Severn River Kayak Crabbing

Got to Jonas Green at 4:50am to warm temps and no wind. This was my first trip using my trotline as I have always used traps. Took me about 30 minutes to het all my gear situated and off I went. Found a spot not to far from the launch and laid the line in 7-10 feet. My first couple runs were less than stellar. Not for the lack of crabs but the amount of crabs I did not scoop. I was telling myself "You Rookie". The feeling of crabs getting away is not a good feeling but I learned a lot from those runs. From then I got into a rythm and the crabbing was GREAT. A lot of Big Crabs today. Ended the day with a full bushel (59 crabs total).

Way to go FourSteps! Now only if you can put your skills to use at Nay_Sayer's FishFry\Crab Feast part II on Saturday.

Comment

Wow! Nice going!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Awesome catch! You'll need a lot of beer for a full bushel!
        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Mouth watering
          sigpic

Comment

Nice. What seasoning do you use? I picked up a tub of JO #2 from the lil supermarket over by the 7-11 near the academy.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Very nice catch there. I notice you have a plaic basket nthe pictures. Is that bushel? Are they sold locally? I really don't like the wooden baskets so a platic one would be real nice.
              2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I purchased the bushel basket from the supplier I bought my pre-rigged trotline from. Its very durable. Check out this website and it has anything crabbing related. The supplier was at one of the flea markets in the winter and that is when I purchased mine but this is the website you can order from.

http://www.stackablecrabtraps.com/store.html

Comment

Working...
                X