6/22/12 Severn kayak crabbing..ME TOO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/22/12 Severn kayak crabbing..ME TOO

Fishing plans fell thru, so I went crabbing. Got a late start, hitting the water at 1:15pm. Set the line out and went to work. Foursteps was on his way out when I was setting up. Asshole was in my way lol.

I crabbed for 1.5hrs before having to race off the water to avoid getting my ass charbroiled by lightning. The plan was to crab until I couldn't...and that's what I did. In 90 minutes, I caught half bushel of decent size crabs. I could've easily got a bushel had it not been for the weather. There were a few females on the line. When the tide died, that's when baby crabs began to feed. As I was leaving, the tide was just starting to come in. When I started, it was the tail end of the outgoing.

I got em home, gave them an ice bath, and now they're in the steamer!!!

*Impatiently watching the timer*
    <insert witty comment here>

photobucket is being a bitch. :-/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
        Great job Metro. I was wondering how you did. I am at work right now doing a network test or I may have joined you. I cannot wait for us to try out Herring Bay and see if there is a difference in crabs. Were your Severn crabs dark, hard and full or were they light? I just want to compare them to the crabs that we get tomorrow.

Comment

nice work! that's good looking batch of crabs.

Comment

Nice, though I would've taken the extra step and made em into crab cakes.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
            X