saturday livelining report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saturday livelining report

we went out to selby bay and cot 5 spot in 30 minutes on fishbites then we went to thomas point a anchored and dropped one spot with no weight and one spot with a 1 ounce egg sinker. we loosened the drags and waited so i decided to jig a sting silver because we were marking ad ton of fish. we ended up catching no fish livelining but i caught about 20-35 rockfish that were anywhere from 10 inches to 17.5 inches. i lost one fish near the boat that was around 23 inches. it was so fun catching a fish as soon as the jig hit the bottom but i was disappointed we didnt get any livelining

Attached Files

Congratulations on your effective jigging. It is great to be able to catch fish using a variety of techniques. On Wed, I jigged rockfish at the Bay Bridge using a med-heavy rod and 1-oz jighead. Then I moved south to a spot on the Kent Island drop off and caught fish casting and trolling 3/8-oz jigheads and twister tails and jigging a metal spoon. None of the fish were more than 16", but it was fun to catch similar fish in different locations using different gear.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X