Maiden voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden voyage

I put in at Scott's Cove today and cut my Yak fishing teeth on Rocky Gorge.

I was out three hours and didn't get a nibble.... However, I learned a great deal about what my Yak can do, what I need, what I want, and what I enjoy. Fortunately , I only had to learn a few things not to do:

1. Don't drag your Yak ever; the very tail of my Stern keel now has about a 1/4" less of plastic then it once did. I did this as I loaded the Yak from the side--walk to the back of my truck.

2. Don't think "I don't feel tired so I must not be". Abdominal muscle fatigue wasn't felt until I TRIED to exit my Yak gracefully; I literally curled over the edge and crawled into the water to get out..... as I said, I'm out of shape.

That being said, even though it was a skunk day, I had a blast and plan to be out again tomorrow afternoon.
    Maybe.

Regards,
    Pudgy Prawn
    Ascend FS10

Congrats on a safe, fun day on the water.
    Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Pudgy P,

Good job getting out. The weather was great today. I used a L.L. Bean kayak cart for the first time today and it worked well. The WSSC reservoirs are tough to fish, especially in the summer. So what items did you decide that you need or want?

Comment

I'm ordering a 2 foot stip of 3" for my 2 month old PA yak; I have a small flat spot on my keel/bow just from picking it up at the rear and rotating it onto my cart even though I try and put carpet under the bow.

http://www.keeleazy.com/rapidcart/index.html
        2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Sorry to hear about the skunk, but it's always good to learn new things. I know what you mean about not feeling tired until you try to get out. That's always a surprise. I also forget to eat while out there even though I bring food, and then I'm ravenous for the next two days. As for being out of shape, that'll change soon enough. I lost about 15-20lbs the first year I had my kayak and kept it off since then pretty easily.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
          X