Harpers Ferry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harpers Ferry

I tried the area on the Potomac just above Harpers Ferry. I had little luck. I caught 5 little smallmouth, about 6 channel cats, several bluegills and rockbass. The fishing was slow and the weather was hot. I didn't feel so bad, as other were having the same luck. No photo, as none of the fish were photo worthy. I think my next time out on the Potomac will be for snakeheads. Although, I may stay closer to home, alot less work.

On the bright side, I am still impressed with the performance of the ProAngler.

That's a nice range of species even if they were small. I didn't realize the water there was deep enough to use a Hobie.

I think you'll find snakehead fishing addictive. I can't wait to get my next one. You could try checking out the head of the Rhode River. One was caught there last summer, and I find it unlikely there was only one there.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Above Harpers Ferry there are areas that are like a lake. Slow moving and flat. Some of the people who live along the river have pontoon boats. It is generally a really good place to fish. I have caught 25-30 smallmouth in a day up there.

I know, can't wait to go after the snakeheads on the 14th.
      Last edited by DOGFISH; 06-30-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

What you just described as "little luck" would have been a great day for me

It's a really nice area up there. I usually launch out of White's Ferry, several miles downstream from Harper's Ferry.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Chexone,

Do you have to pay to launch a kayak from White's Ferry? I normally go to Edwards Ferry, but would like to give White's a try if there is no fee.

Comment

Working...
          X