BB 7/3/12 pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB 7/3/12 pm

Fished the Bb eastern shore side on 7/3 from 3-8. Heading out it was like glass out there... Hot and very sticky. Started shallow working the eastern bound bridge skipping a few here and there... No luck. So I headed out to the deeper water where I usually do well. Hooked a skate on my first cast in deeper water, faught it for about 15 mins. Went back and hooked up on a few small stripers. Than hooked something that went around the front while I drifted behind the piling and finally snapped my line... I think another skate. Caught a few more stripers than a 3rd skate. Tide started to move a bit better and the catch picked up. From 500 to 800 I was consistently catching stripers, just about every cast I ended up catching over 40 ranging 20 and down. They were holding up about 10-15 yards behind the piling down current. I went through 2 bags of plastics from them being hit so much. No big ones, but it was alot of fun catching so many. I almost didn't go bc I was so tired from working, first time I did well on an incoming tide. No fish photos bc gopro was set wrong.. Fixed today.

Last edited by missedshed; 07-05-2012, 01:25 AM.

Nice day at BB! What color bkd or plastic were you throwing? - Cal
    What you give, you become.

Comment

Nice job figuring out the pattern. It's a good day when you go through a bunch of plastic because of catching so many stripers.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

If that was you in a grey malibu wearing a red hat, I was in the same area in my boat fishing with my GF.
        That may even be my boat in the back ground of your 1st pic near the northern span.

We were drifting the sewer pipe haveing alot of success and then did a few drifts at the pilings when the current started picking up.
        We also were hooking up on every drift. It was actually the 1st time I have ever caught anything at the pilings.
        I've tried a few times before and usually got snagged and lost lures on every cast so dont fish it much.

I throw metal most of the time (which is probably why I snag so much there). I was throwing a blue/silver crippled herring and my GF was using a gold Kastmaster.

We hit the pipe again before leaving and saw 4 other kayaks just coming out to the pipe. They headed up the pipe towards shore and was wondering if they were MKF'ers and if they did any good up in the shallows.
        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Yeah, that was me. I usually lose a few to the bridge but was lucky that day. Lost 3 to skates and just wore out my plastics. I found when I snag if I paddle up above my snag and pull it comes out most of the time. I think pinch was on their way out around 830. I thought I saw a few kayaks red color way down in the shallow around 6ish but never saw them when I headed in. I left bc there was a storm in Baltimore heading down. I didn't want to get caught out there again in a lightning storm. It however never made it down. A few boats came out late and anchored up... They had heavy duty rods and were drifting something toward the bridge. I didn't see Them hook up bf I left. I was throwing jerk shads.

Comment

Working...
          X