No announcement yet.

thomas point livelining report, and some 12-17 inch menhaeden!!, with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas point livelining report, and some 12-17 inch menhaeden!!, with pictures

we were put at thomas point by 5 45 and tried t catch spot , we couldnt get a bite so i saw menhaeden schools everywhere and threw a treblel at them hoping to snag a few 5 inchers like i catch in my cast net in the river. so i throw the hook and it lands on the school and i jerked back and i felt tension and i though i had snagged a rockfish but i bring it to the boat and it was a 17 inch menhaeden, it was the biggest i have ever seen even in the carolinas. anyway after another 7 casts i had caught 9 and the smallest was 12 inches. they were way to big to liveling so i tried them for chunk bait,but not a hit. we saved them for tommmrow because we are going livlining on a friends charter boat,we will use them for chum. we finaly got 5 spot so we went to the mouth of the west river and anchored with not a single fish on the screen, i cut up the menhaeden and threw a few pieces of and the screen lit up from top to bottom and from left to right it was full of huge stripers. i put out 2 spot and jigged a stingsilver as we waited. after an hour of the screen being lit up we still didnt not catch a keeper.we caught a 15 icnher on the spot and i caught about 30-35 12-16 inch stripers on the sting silver. i dont know why no stripers wanted mr. spot today. anyway it was a fun day and i had a great time
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your pix and reports
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

Working...
    X