Mattawoman 7/6-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 7/6-7

Fished Mattawoman out of Slavins Friday night and Saturday morning. Friday night was a bit of a bust. Fished from 1900-midnight or so, only 5 bites and managed to land a decent bass on a horny toad.

Was planning on hitting the road once I got off the water but was irritated with myself for not doing better so I crashed for a few hours and then hit the water again. Launched at 0400 and fished till 1000. 2 solid bites in the dark that I missed on a black chatterbait and then just as the horizon started to pale the bass started pounding my horny toad. 6-8 bass on twice as many bites in 45 minutes or so and things started cooling off. around 0900 I headed back to an area I fished on Wednesday and did some sight fishing with a senko in the spatterdock. Managed a small snakehead and a chunky bass before it that died off and I had to hit the road. Much slower bite than on Wednesday but they were still there and biting if you could find them.

It looks like persevering paid off. That's a nice bunch of bass. I'm looking forward to getting up there. Did fishing topwater at night make it easier to wait to set the hook?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      It looks like persevering paid off. That's a nice bunch of bass. I'm looking forward to getting up there. Did fishing topwater at night make it easier to wait to set the hook?
      Definately harder to anticipate the bite! Still need to remember to reel down until I feel some weight before setting the hook though

Comment

Awesome, kayak fishing, hard core. I love it.

Comment

Working...
        X