First SH today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First SH today

Stopped at a small marsh area off of Bumpy Oak Rd in Indian Head and was able to land my first SH! Unfortunately it was not from the yak, but none the less. There was lots of action with the top water frogs but I was only able to bring up the one 19". I ran into another guy there that said he has caught a couple of 30"+ and has seen bigger ones sunning themselves near the surface.

Fileted him up and cooked him w/ some butter, garlic and some cajun seasoning and it tasted absolutely delicious! Now I am even more excited to catch SH!

Looking forward to seeing everyone out at the M&G on Saturday! What time are people showing up?! I plan on being there between 545 and 6 at slavens ramp.
    Attached Files
    Jeff B
    Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Nice fish, both before and after. I've been thinking about fishing that area a lot lately. Is there a place to park? It looks like there's a gravel pull off on the side of the road there.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Thanks! There is parking alongside the road on both sides. One guy I talked to said his friend put a Jon boat in there, so I guess it would be possible to put a yak in.
      Jeff B
      Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Working...
      X