Bb 7/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 7/8

So I launched out of G dock on the east side of the BB around noon after the rainshowers had passed. Following Grilled's advice, i fished the very first piling with a tiny hook and a piece of fishbites bloodworm scent. Immediately caught two very small spot, ideal bait size. Went up to Pylon 41-43, something ate my spot while the line was slack, came back with just a hook. Upon returning to the shallow water pylons, the spot were nowhere to be found. I started drifting a small jighead, egg sinker and a small strip of the fish bites and started catching. I caught several perch and a small blue, fun on ultra light spinning gear. Right before the tide turned I was getting a lot of bites and hookups. RIght before sunset, the water turned to glass, the current dissapeared and the bite fell off. I started throwing my gotcha plug and caught my first striper! He got off at the boat tho.

So no skunk, I am learning these waters and feel I am improving. Plan on going to BB next thu. - Cal

Attached Files
    Last edited by Cal; 07-10-2012, 04:53 PM. Reason: wrong date!
    What you give, you become.

You were out on Sunday? I saw one red kayak but couldn't tell if he was fishing. I was out from 1200 to 430. I pulled out bc of the storms developing. I caught 5 biggest was about 20inch. Strong current all day with some bouncy water for awhile but it settled down after a few hours. I caught mine jigging. Totally different from a few days earlier where every cast landed a striper.

Comment

Originally posted by missedshed View Post
      You were out on Sunday?
      Oops, I put the wrong day at first, i went out yesterday, on monday. And the water was very choppy and bouncy with a very strong current till sunset when it became a big lake. Thanks for stopping by!
      What you give, you become.

Comment

Working...
      X