No announcement yet.

BB: Another Jigtacular Voyage (10 Jul)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB: Another Jigtacular Voyage (10 Jul)

Launched from G dock this morning at 615, started working the outgoing tide at 630, was back at the dock by 1050. The bite was good, the winds and the heat were down. I caught a ton of perch during the tide change (30? 40?) with most being very good size, 1 at 13 inches...hookup every cast with a very small pumpkin seed curly-tail grub on a light jighead fished very slowly. Strange that they are so into the brown color...Once the tide moved again switched back to striper fishing and did quite well. Caught probably 15 striper including a 20", 21", 22" and a very beefy 28" which took a good 5 minute fight to land (pic below). None caught in water more than 12' deep. Zoom super flukes, 3/8 oz jighead, will be back soon...

Ryan

Attached Files

Wow, what a day! I need to learn from you. I will be out there thursday in an orange tarpon.
    What you give, you become.

Comment

That was a fine performance. Congratulations on the abundant catches.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Fantastic! Looks like a great day of fishing. I'm looking at going out Thursday and Friday afternoons after work. I'm still learning how to play the tides and what they do to the fish. Would you mind saying where the G dock is located? I'm not very familiar with the area in terms of docks and fishing locations.

Thanks

-Zach

Comment

Originally posted by zachreborn View Post
          Fantastic! Looks like a great day of fishing. I'm looking at going out Thursday and Friday afternoons after work. I'm still learning how to play the tides and what they do to the fish. Would you mind saying where the G dock is located? I'm not very familiar with the area in terms of docks and fishing locations.

Thanks

-Zach
          See the link here:

should give you all you need to know.
          http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...tion-on-G-Dock

Comment

Sounds like a great day! I can't wait to get back out there again...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by FRED driver View Post
              See the link here:

should give you all you need to know.
              http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...tion-on-G-Dock

Awesome thanks a bunch. I'll be sure to search next time haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly
                kickin butt at BB! a shame to see the sores on fish.
                Yeah it really is...I see them on just about any fish over 20 there

Comment

That's a great outing, I really need to get out there to BB and learn some things from you guys on this forum. I have yet to catch striper
                  Richard
                  Yellow Hobie PA12

Comment

Working...
                  X