Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servern River 7/9/2012

Hey Everyone,

First thread! I went out yesterday afternoon after work and spent a good 5 hours on the water. It was my first time out on the severn river and I was targeting perch. They are stacked in there that's for sure. I only snapped a few pictures of some small fish as I was too preoccupied with keeping my line wet and hooking the fiesty perch. I managed to grab a little over ~20 perch and 7 small stripers. I'm new to the area for fishing and grew up in the midwest so dealing with tides and migration patterns is fairly foreign to me. I'll probably be asking for help as time goes on of areas to fish depending on the weather. At any rate here are the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/x72FU

I also met Mike while I was coming back in to Jonas Green and he was headed for the pilings. Glad to have met you and I'm sure I'll see everyone around more often this summer and into the fall. I have a dry suit as well so I'll be out there year round!

-Zach
    Last edited by zachreborn; 07-10-2012, 09:15 PM.

Hey Zach, must have been a different Redfish? I wasn't on the Severn that day. Welcome to the site and congrats on finding some fish! I wish my first few trips in the area went so successfully!
    Used to fish more.

Comment

The Severn white perch was how I cut my teeth in kayak fishing a couple years ago. Its easy fun fishing. Welcome!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
        The Severn white perch was how I cut my teeth in kayak fishing a couple years ago. Its easy fun fishing. Welcome!
        Same here. Was on a Tarpon 120 slaying the WP near the naval academy boat yard. Been gut hooked since...
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice meeting you too, Zach. The topwater bite I was hoping for never materialized. It was a great evening to be on the water though.

Mike
          Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Working...
          X