Upper Potomac Smallmouth Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Potomac Smallmouth Trip

Had a nice trip today. Not hot at all. Decent tube bite and grub bite. My son caught the biggest at 15.5 inches. I had a hog on, but lost it about 5 feet from the kayak. My son and I had a dozen fish and lost a few more. The nephew caught two and had something very large take his tube and run. It then proceeded to snap the end off his rod and break the line. He was fishing from a stationary position so he didn't get hung up while drifting. It was a large fish of some sort.

My son and nephew at the launch.

We caught lots of these micro-bass at 9 inches.

Even caught a micro-largemouth on a tube.

Also caught a lot of 11 and 12 inchers like this one.

Big fish for the day at 15.5 inches on a tube.

This smallie was beautifully marked in dark green. In person it was a neat fish.

Last fish of the day for me on a grub.

Great fish...I have a love/hate thing going with the mystery fish that take your line and run like a freight train only to remain anonymous. Looks like a good trip. We need to plan a time I can take you wade fishing near Reston where I live (on the potomac) for smallies. Much more size where I go and usually lots of fun wading to find them.

Comment

I'm up for that.

Originally posted by chirotrout View Post
      Great fish...I have a love/hate thing going with the mystery fish that take your line and run like a freight train only to remain anonymous. Looks like a good trip. We need to plan a time I can take you wade fishing near Reston where I live (on the potomac) for smallies. Much more size where I go and usually lots of fun wading to find them.
      Chirotrout, I'm up for that. Send me some dates that you would like to coordinate something.

Thanks,

Comment

Nice fish and report! Stinks about the broken rod and lost fish. How do you like the Coosa?

Comment

I like the Coosa a lot. I was in the market for a used Coosa, Ultimate 12 or Commander 120 and the Coosa came along first. It works great on the Upper Potomac, Tidal Potomac, and the local reservoirs. The seat is so comfortable. The only negative I've encountered is that it's heavy.

Comment

Working...
          X