301 Bridge 6/14/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301 Bridge 6/14/2012

I had the pleasure of fishing with my Uncle, girlfriend, and cousin Saturday morning. My uncle just purchased a kayak (if you remember my thread about him looking) and wanted to go out and try to catch some rockfish. Unfortunately, the trip conflicted with the M&G at Mattawoman and in hind sight I wish I would have just taken the gang there. Oh well we found a few fish and had a nice time till it got smoking hot.

We fished a lump in the middle of the river while the current was running, it stopped almost as soon as we got there and all we caught were some micro croaker and a few catfish. We saw some schools of peanut bunker getting harassed and tried chasing them around for a little bit. I think it may have been perch or something small attacking them because we never had a hit. Saw tons of rays, but no hookups. We paddled back to the bridge to fish the incoming current around the pilings. I got one 22" rock on a chrome/blueback rattle trap and then a bunch of smaller rock and perch on a 5" BA. I do not know what the perch were thinking trying to eat something that big but it was pretty entertaining. Everyone caught fish at the bridge and my uncle caught a few rockfish to slime his boat for the first time. All in all it was a great morning and we got some ribs on the way back from a place on the side of 301. Texas something? They were absolutely incredible. I can't wait to go back!

Attached Files
    Used to fish more.

Nice report! What did your uncle end up getting? I see the Cobra explorer and your 2 yaks but just can't quite make out the last. Almost looks like an olive Ascend FS12?

Comment

Good eye! FS12 in Olive and the yellow explorer. He likes it a lot. I'm a little leery of it since it does not have seat scuppers and I hate those wet rides. He kept up and loved it, he even took a few drift naps on it which was pretty funny to hear someone snoring out there.
      Used to fish more.

Comment

Nice report and pics, Michael. The shots of the bridge and power plant in the background are cool.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
          Nice report and pics, Michael. The shots of the bridge and power plant in the background are cool.
          Yeah Mike that shot is pretty cool,
          those are some of my old power boat
          fishing stopin grounds!
          GB

Comment

Working...
          X