X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green 7/14

I needed a day of Quantity and Not Quality
    Sunday mornin' fit the bill
    Launched about 6:30- 6:45 and took advantage of the lack of boat traffic and crossed the river . Located what may have been the remnants of the old bridge and caught plenty of 8-9" perch.Fished my way through the new bridge and went over to the docks behind the restaurant. marked schools of fish everywhere ( I hope they stick around for the 28th ).
    special Thanks again to the guy on the bridge that directed me to the breaking rock near the channel marker!
    They may have been small but it sure was fun hooking up on every other cast.
    Today was for fun- No counting No camera No clock.

Mango- hope that warning didn't sting too much the Park Ranger was cool about it Great to meet you guys hope you did well.

for all the guys wondering about battery packs for their Depth finders- the 8 pc AA holder from Radio Shack ran my hummingbird ID 400 3 hrs and was still running strong when I landed. I was pleasantly surprised as this is a 30 yr old LCD and it didn't drain batteries as quickly as I'd thought it would.

for those that haven't been to Jonas Green
    there are some amazing sunsets to be taken in there.
    just be sure to keep you head on a swivel if you're anywhere near the channel during happy hours. the power boaters don't always pay attention as the motor back to dock
    Last edited by zimm; 07-16-2012, 07:13 PM.

nice! i was about 12 hours earler than you but had to make some repairs to my pool so i didnt launch from the navy base just fished from the bulkhead. nothing new same wp and small croakers but i did get a baby flounder which was a suprise. and some nice sun rises also and a rainbow!

i ran into a school of feeding stripers at romancoke on saturday. they are a lot of fun constant catching until i got run off by t-storm, largest about 14"
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice to have met you zimm and john from md gave us a quick hi. He was shore fishing for the day. We went off to the right from the launch and fished down to the old RR bridge picking up 10 perch each and my son had 4. Perch went 9-11 and one came in at 12-1/2. 1 sm. rock @ 8" with peanut bunker all around. Beautiful morning.

Zimm, the ranger left me a full page hand written note (warning) on a sheet of loose leaf notebook paper. Very nice and he just explained that there were no trailers allowed to park there. I had 4 kayaks on a makeshift 4x8 trailer. Roof-top only from now on.

Comment

She gave me the lowdown on trailers- you can transport / load/ unload on the lot but the vehicle must be parked up the hill on the War Memorial lot in the 450 median. she claimed it to be a short walk down the hill back to the park.
        It was good to see DNR actively measuring and checking catches . seems one poor soul earned himself a ticket .
        I can't wait to get back down there now that I know the fish will attack surface plugs.

Comment

Working...
        X