Rocky Gorge 7/17/12.... kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge 7/17/12.... kinda

So.... I was determined to get in the water and do some fishing today. Original plan was to head down to Mattawoman and look for left over fish from Saturday's meet and greet.
    Contemplation lead me to realize I would need a cart if I was gonna put in up current at the bridge. I had the parts to make my own PVC cart so I worked on that.
    Evening came, about 7:15pm, rolled out and I decided to head to Rocky Gorge to get the yak wet.
    Got there and man......... the reservoir was lowwwwwwwwww.
    I was still excited; after all, I had rushed to make it to the put in. Made sure I had everything, even had to go back in and get my PDF. Got to the reservoir and unstrapped the yak and began to off load..... only had 1/2 of my 2 piece paddle.
    Not happy. Fished from the bank for an hour (its like eating food without salt now) and headed home.

Lesson learned,
    Pudgy Prawn
    Ascend FS10

Pudgy, that stinks!!!!

I thought about hitting Triadelphia this evening, but didn't get home from work until 7PM and didn't finish dinner until 7:30PM. So I'll have to wait for another evening.

Comment

That does stink. You're right about fishing from land, but it is fun to do every now and then. For the record, though, it's possible to move a kayak pretty well using half a paddle and paddling canoe style.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
      X