last two nights 50 bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last two nights 50 bridge

fished 50 the last two evenings got out a bit later last night on the slack tide and first part of out going slow during slack then fired a few casts between the double pilings when the water started flowing again, instantly hooked up with a 22" schoolie on a red jig w/white gulp switched up to a pink gulp next cast bigger rock, 24" (they like pink down here idk why lol) so hoping that I could horse a keeper out I switched to a 5" bubblegum pink jerk Shad same deal instantly slammed within the first foot of reeling in this one only went 23" sadly lost one after that then those piling seemed to get cold switched to the next set west of me and found two more small ones and cold again checked two more double pilimgs to no avail went back to the first couple and pulled out another 22" still with the pink shad then called it a night around one am . This happened two nights in a row with pretty much the same pattern was hoping for some weakies as they've been picked up in the same places lately but no love. Also there are tons of big needlefish or houndfish around right now and the don't play! I've had em jump over my bow before but last night I spooked a bigger one with my paddle and he instanly slammed nose first into my bow promptly making me yell like a little girl to the delight of the people in the boat next to me they hooked one after that a mid size one and I saw its teeth up close and wasn't to psyched I was surrounded by them. All fish were caught no more then four lights east of the west channel, my friend Chris I was with got a 16" flattie and a couple schoolies too, good night on the water!
    Last edited by jet; 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM. Reason: sorry, the underline.
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Joe. Ill be out Friday evening/night. Ill call u during the day. U off?

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Yeah my phone is off should be on by then I hope lol I get off maybe 1030ish that night id be down to go out for sure though, Tyler might want to too he came down two days ago for a little. Sunday after five we'll be back on the beach for the uh, rays, if you're interested

Comment

some nice catching! i couldn't tell what you meant exactly but fwiw - 18" is a keeper on bay now. take 2.

2 @ 18"- 28" OR
        1 @ 18" - 28" and 1 larger than 28"/person/day, but not 2 over 28".

Comment

On your side that is corect however not on the ocean side, its 28" all around sadly, unless its changed and I haven't heard? That'd be awesome if it did!

Comment

Sounds like fun even if you coudn't keep any!

Yep, coastal stripers are 2 per day over 28"

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...Region=Coastal
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks shadyfisher! Good to know that didn't change and dinner didn't evade me lol

Comment

Originally posted by kayakjoe View Post
                On your side that is corect however not on the ocean side, its 28" all around sadly, unless its changed and I haven't heard? That'd be awesome if it did!
                i specifically did notice you were from OC. and the houndfish report should've gave me a clue. but it has been a weird and salty season around the other '50 bridge',...

Comment

Shoot yeah the bay bridge is route 50 too duh! Haha yeah the hounds are out for blood!

Comment

i didn't think of BB - i thought you were talking about chicamicomico. my mistake!

Comment

Working...
                    X