Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great time Kayaking in the Little Assawoman Bay in DE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great time Kayaking in the Little Assawoman Bay in DE.

This week I have been doing some kayaking, finally! Used 3 different yaks over two seperate trips. I used both a tandem and single seaters, 2 of them sit ins, one a SOT. The tandem was a WS sit in, then a WS Pongo 120, and a WS Tarpon 120. All very nice for my first kayaking experiences. I will say the SOT Tarpon 120 was very nice handling and the most comfy. I could easily see fishing from one of these as they have lots of room and it tracked very well.

We went out on the Little Assawoman Bay in Fenwick Island DE. We took lessons from the super friendly folks at Coastal Kayak, thanks Neil, and rented from them as well. The bay was great to kayak in. The bay is 4' deep or less for the great majority of it. About half of it seemed to be less than 18 inches. The only problems had was hitting some occasional sand bars that we had to push out of.

We went up and down the bay then out to Cedar Point Island. There i saw my first ever Oriole bird on the island and being from Baltimore, I thought that was pretty cool. There were also lots of Egrets, Herons and i believe some type of falcon nesting there as well.

When I get home I'll post some pics from the bay. A great time! And if you are in the vicinity of Fenwick Isand DE, and want to get out on water, check out the great folks at Coastal Kayak, you'll be glad you did!

All in all, I have found kayaking to be allot of fun and I'm looking forward getting my first yak soon (i hope) and getting it rigged to do some fishing! Hopefully I will make it out in water with some of you soon. In the meantime if anyone finds any good deals on yaks similar to the WS Tarpon 120, please let me know! Thanks all!

Chris

love to see the pics. thanks for the write up
    sigpic

Comment

I really like my tarpon 100. I think a SOT is the way to go for fishing, and general comfort. I can lay down in mine and almost take a nap!

Sounds like a fun first voyage!
      What you give, you become.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
        I really like my tarpon 100. I think a SOT is the way to go for fishing, and general comfort. I can lay down in mine and almost take a nap!

Sounds like a fun first voyage!
        Cal, were you the one passed out on the kayak at the BB this past sunday. It was an orange kayak, so we figured it was you. We were coming back from OC, crossing the bridge, and this kayaker was out cold zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Haha yea I was chilling out and letting my boat drift to the sewer pipe, for sure it was me.
          What you give, you become.

Comment

Working...
          X