Slime on my new PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slime on my new PA

Slept in a bit this morning and launched at SPSP about 7 am. I caught my first ish about 815am. I acted like it was my first ever fish. I was trying to lip the striper with one hand while I fumbled around looking for my camera. Needless to say, the fish bounced off my lap and back into the Bay. Never got to measure or take a picture. I think it would've been close to 18" if not slightly longer. I fished for about another hour or so with only a few bumps. Then I started trolling hoping to find a keeper. I didn't find a keeper but I did find huge schools of small stripers. I spent about another hour and a half catching schoolie sized stripers at least on every other cast. If there were ever a day I regret not having my fly rod, today was one. I went through almost two dozen shad bodies and at it seemed like there could've been some blues in there. I never confirmed that but there were massive schools of stripers between 8-15" all around. I couldn't have asked for much more than to have caught a keeper. This was my firt time ever in a Hobie. All I can say is WOW! I kept asking myself why I hadn't bought one sooner. Now I have to figure best way to install my FF. hoping I can use the wet well method but not sure. I need to work on that and figuring how to mount my cameras as well. Great day of fishing.

I left lots of fish still biting.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Good job on the stripers. Pullage is always fun, even if they are not keepers.

Comment

Working...
    X