Neavitt Public Boat launch 7/22/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neavitt Public Boat launch 7/22/2012

I went out with SurfDog this morning to fish the Neavitt area in Talbot County. We got there at 6:15am. Within 5 minutes of me fishing near the ramp, I already caught 3 perch by the time the SurfDog launched. The water was calm with very light winds. The temperature was in the upper 70's with overcast skies. Wow, fishing with sweating or frying from the sun.....wonderful. Surf and I had the river almost to ourselves except for a crabbing boat and one other small boat fishing the area.

Surf and I fished the immediate cove, the deep drops off the front of the marina into the channel in 14 feet of water. We also fished the mouth of the river where it emptied into the Choptank. We must have caught 75 fish between the two of us before we called it quits at 10:30am. We caught many species. We caught small rocks, croakers, spots, perch, and one nice redfish (puppy drum) that Surf caught. It was 11.5 inches. We did not see any specks as we had hoped and all of the fish were not keepers, except for the perch. I caught perch in 2 feet of water measuring up to 11.5 inches and a fat rock at 13 inches.

And for your crab lovers, I spoke to a crabber that came in after us to the ramp and he had 1/2 bushel of nice crabs. He said that they were tons of little crabs, and they forced him to rebait his trotline.
    Attached Files

finnaly got a croaker over 6" also, it was about 12.5 woo hoo! that red was funny just getting ready to pull out and i said last cast and shot it to the lone piling 30' from the ramp and wham didnt feel like a little striper or wp and when i saw it at first i thoight it was a spec until i got it out of the water. real pretty with a blue tail.

Comment

well done boys
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice. At least the perch were obliging even if the specks weren't. That's a pretty redfish, too.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice fish John. I'd say you and Moc had a good day out there. Maybe I'll catch up with you guys next weekend.
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
          X