Still Skunk Free at Triadelphia in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Skunk Free at Triadelphia in 2012

Caught a 14 incher and 10 incher on the beetle spin at Triadelphia this evening. Still skunk free there in 2012!!!!

Right before I took that scenic photo I lost a decent bass while trolling the beetle spin and heading back to the ramp. I was on the main lake in about 22 feet of water. The rod got a good thump and I set the hook. I got excited when I felt a fish on the end and I cranked it too fast. I should have played the fish, but I cranked that sucker right up to the surface and it jumped. My beetle spin went flying and the bass swam away. I need to get better at playing these fish instead of horsing them up in all the excitement.

Congrats on the skunk-free Triadelphia streak. That's a tough call between horsing them in and playing them. I've landed some fish after a "long" fight and noticed the hole in their mouth was pretty big. Any longer and the hook might've come out. Then again, I've lost fish horsing them in, too.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Another good day!
      I really enjoy the relative solidarity of the reservoir, especially on weekdays. It's lovely with all the undeveloped shoreline and wooded acres. What is extremely eerie is the wssc worker who disappeared(and was later found in the water), the man who drowned swimming and the other man found floating there who was wanted for murder. 3 deaths there, all very mysterious circumstances.
      What you give, you become.

Comment

Dead Guys

Originally posted by Cal View Post
        Another good day!
        I really enjoy the relative solidarity of the reservoir, especially on weekdays. It's lovely with all the undeveloped shoreline and wooded acres. What is extremely eerie is the wssc worker who disappeared(and was later found in the water), the man who drowned swimming and the other man found floating there who was wanted for murder. 3 deaths there, all very mysterious circumstances.

Cal, I remember the swimmer that recently drowned and not long before that the guy running away from police who tried to swim across the reservoir. The first two guys were lacking in the brains department, but what happened to the WSSC worker?

You're right about the solitude. Many times on weekdays or early/late in the season I've got the whole reservoir to myself.

Comment

From what I read, the cause of death was not released to the public by wssc or the police. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...135698563.html
          They found his boat on the shore and his life jacket. He was on the job collecting deer carcasses from managed hunts.

I didn't know the one guy drowned trying to swim the across the reservoir. Bad move if your a poor swimmer. Hehe I have swam across, it is a long swim.
          Last edited by Cal; 07-23-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
            Another good day!
            I really enjoy the relative solidarity of the reservoir,
            I like to think I have a good grasp of the english language and writing in general, but why my brain told me to use the word "solidarity" here, I have no idea. Words like secluded, solitude, etc, would actually make sense. Doh, lol.

Comment

I knew what you meant. You either had solidarity with the beautiful reservoir or enjoyed the solitude of the beautiful reservoir.

Comment

The solitude is what makes Tridelphia my favorite spot to fish/paddle. Pure bliss.

PP
                Ascend FS10

Comment

Working...
                X