Bb 7/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 7/25

Launched from G dock around 1030. Was going to head out earlier but wanted to wait until the small craft advisory lifted and winds were to die down after 11am. Was rough going out but it calmed down as time went on. By 12 it was real nice... By 130 it was like a calm lake. First cast at 53 eastern span caught a 22 inch. I was thinking it was going to be very good. However I needed to work the bridge to find a hungry striper. By about 1pm it was very calm but I was able to find some willing to bite on the west bound span. I had to drag my jig on the bottom and just slightly bounce it... Not jig/jerk it with force. I ended up landing 7 most around 20inch. I lost about 10 with 3 that snapped my line near the kayak as they made a last attempt to get away. They were all nice fish prob 25 or bigger. I headed in at 5 and there were a bunch of guys heading out. I have to check the gopro to see what I have on it .... When I get a chance I will post a few shots. It turned out to be a very nice day once things settled a bit. Going out I had swells that would come out of nowhere that where a good 2-3 feet. Kayak would slam down after going over them. Hopefully the guys going out do well, tide started to pick up.

What test line are you using?
    sigpic

Comment

I usually use 12 pound florocarbon with a 20 pound leader. Never had a problem landing the 30 inch fish last year. However I changed it out with a spool I had in the garage bc my reel spool was getting low. Big mistake putting that mono 10 pound on. I knew better bc that was the primary reason I don't use mono anymore... It can't take much abuse. Florocarbon holds up much better when it gets nicked..many 30 inch stripers on rivers pulling them back out from the rocks. Switching the spool as soon as I can get back to the store

Comment

Also watch for flying objects off the bridge. Some jerk threw a Starbucks glass bottle out their window and it went flying by me at 50mph. Luckily I was just far enough under the bridge

Comment

Working...
        X