Weems Creek and Severn River 7/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems Creek and Severn River 7/29

Roy and I launched from Tucker Street this morning and headed to the river and the Rt 50 Bridge. We fished the shoreline to the river catching perch and one blue gill. After making it to the river and heading to the Rt 50 Bridge, we saw fish breaking ahead of us and cast into them. I had a 1/4 oz jig with a white curly tail grub and my first cast came up empty until I saw the reason, the grub tail was bitten off to the hook. I switched to a spoon expecting to catch some blues, but caught several small rock (7 inches) instead.

We fished the bridge area and fished our way back to Tucker Street and between the two of us, we caught over 3 dozen perch and over a half dozen small rockfish.
    WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Saw you guys this morning while I was fishing in the Creek. Glad you guys did well today.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

David,

Was that you fishing the other side of the creek? We were wondering how you were doing around the docks.

Dave
      WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Comment

Originally posted by WST120 View Post
        David,

Was that you fishing the other side of the creek? We were wondering how you were doing around the docks.

Dave
        Yes that was me in the Olive Hobie. Didnt fare well on that side. Saw a lot of crabs though, does that count?
        2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

Working...
        X