Bb 7/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 7/30

Went out of G dock around 5:30 am with echo5oscar, Shield and his friend. Water was fairly flat and tide moving. Only saw one boat bring in a over 24" striper live lining. By mornings end I had caught over 40 schoolie stripers and 3 small blues. None were breaking the surface and no birds. I know Shield was keeping up catching the schoolie stripers not sure how others faired. Was hoping for the big one but no go.
    Attached Files

seems like late afternoons to dusk are the most productive times for some reason- must be the heat of the day makes the bigger fish lazy and sluggish- any one trolling Stretch 25's or bigger Tony spoons?
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I had to pull out earlier than expected. Work called and I never turn down overtime.

As far as fishing, I struck out on any stripers worth talking about. Once I gave up on that, I moved back to the east end of the bridge. To catch some perch and have less paddling to do when it came time to leave. I caught several nice perch, all around 9"-10" as well as some small croaker and spot. Even pulled a small striper out with it. Was using a sabiki rig tipped with bloodworm fish bites with a small weight on the bottom. Was just right for the current to slowly drag it along the bottom. The best part came when I set the hook on a nice perch. It hit the top hook. As I was about to reach down and grab it out of the water, the lower part of the rig took off! Turns out, along the way, another perch hit the bottom hook and a croaker above that! Took a picture with my phone, but didn't turn out that good.

I need to get a good waterproof camera for times like this. Any suggestions?

Comment

I use the Panasonic DMC-TS3, waterproof to 40 ft, 6.6ft shoockproof, freezeproof(haven't tried that one yet) Has full HDMI video, and built in GPS. And I really like the 28mm wide lens.

Comment

What did that run you? Where?

Comment

I think I paid around 300 when I bought it a year or so ago. The new model TS4 is out and you can get it on Amazon for about 269.

Comment

Working...
            X