Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed back for Liberty Reservoir

Hi,
    I have a favor to ask. I have been asked by a fellow employee today about fishing for his 6 year old son. This guy is a terrific guy and is very busy. He really wants to make his son happy and take him fishing. I was touched that he asked me for my feedback so I am eager to help him and his 6 year old to get out and fish.

They live in the Mt. Washington area. The guy said he had fished at Lake Roland and had no luck.
    I figured Liberty Reservoir was a better bet. I haven't sent him there yet so I would like suggestions.

I am thinking that they would do best from a pier or shore. Taking a 6 year old out when you are not an avid boater could be chaotic at best. So? what areas on or near Liberty are good spots to send them?
    A complete different place is not out of the question.

Thanks,
    Pudgy Prawn
    Ascend FS10

A little bit longer of a drive up to Harford County but you can't help but catch fish here: http://www.fishinbarrel.com/

Nice part about it is that it's very kid friendly and economical if you're fishing catch & release.

Comment

I've never fished it, but Loch Raven is close to Mt Washington. They have row boat rentals there or you can fish from shore. Rocky Gorge to the south is also an option. Again, I've yet to fish it though.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

You can fish Liberty from the bridge over Nicodemus Road. It's an awfully big lake to fish from shore.
        Lake Roland does hold some decent fish and you may have to walk around to get to some of the areas. Cross over the bridge and fish around the inside edge above the dam. The fishing around the boat launch area is pretty marginal, mostly tiny sunfish.

Comment

Working...
        X