Canada sturgeon fishing I cot a 77incher must read with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada sturgeon fishing I cot a 77incher must read with pics

I caught a 77 inches and a five footer and a six footer and my dad caught two 4 footers so that makes five caught. All in canada ...sry I can only upload it to tidal fish but please read it on tidal fish it's on the link http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...85#post1865385

Nice fish
    Caribean blue Hobie oasis 2012
    Dune Pro angler 14

Comment

Awesome! Sturgeon is on my list, but I have know idea when I will get a chance to catch one...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Where in Canada? Fraiser river, BC? Columbia River?
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Way to go Andrew. That is much larger than those Selby Bay white perch.

Comment

Fraser river and the only othe replace to getter in America is the great lakes but I don't think they get that big. An don, I get big rockfish and blues in selby bay also . I caught. A 19 & 22 inch red prim the other day on top water but sturgeon is my biggest fish

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
              Fraser river and the only othe replace to getter in America is the great lakes but I don't think they get that big. An don, I get big rockfish and blues in selby bay also . I caught. A 19 & 22 inch red prim the other day on top water but sturgeon is my biggest fish
              Andrew, Well those of us from Oregon like to remind the Fraser River guys that our Sturgeon are bigger...the laws just keep us from keeping fish over 6ft. Here is a vid of Sturgeon caught in the Columbia River near my Home town ..just below McNary Dam......MONSTER. In that location it is hard to catch one small enough to keep! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gveuMyRAN3Q

Comment

I got invited to go sturgeon "fishing" in Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. Apparently they are there in huge numbers but they spear them. I declined because I'm don't want to kill a fish that is in decline and takes 20 years to reach breeding age for no reason. To be able to catch and release one would be awesome though.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Very nice Andrew...
                  2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                  2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Oh you just caught a couple babies. Here's their mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpNs...e_gdata_player
                    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Great catch. Many years ago, PEPCO ran a fish hatchery facility at their Chalk Point power plant on the Patuxent. Initially they raised rockfish. Later, they diversified and raised a small number of sturgeon that could be released into the Chesapeake. I visited the facility and got to hold a small one from a rearing tank.

Attached Files
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hey Kid, you da MAN!
                        GB

Comment

So Andrew...Whats the next fish on your Bucket list?? You've pretty much caught everything there is to catch inshore in the mid-Atlantic, now you're even busting them on the west coast!

Comment

I want to cath a salmon but yes I have caught trout tarpon king mackerel Spanish mackerel red drum flounder blues and rockfish and everything else but a snook . My biggest flounder is 10.5 pounds. My biggest red drum is 51 inches and my biggest rockfish is 42 inches but the sturgeon beat all those but a ton

Comment

Working...
                            X