bellvuiew / oxford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bellvuiew / oxford

got to the landing at 7am. started catching nice size perch instantly . about 10 and 11 inchers. worked our way out towards the bay , casting the shoreline. about 930 got a 17 inch redfish. little while later a 12 inch redfish. me and topwater lover caught allot of big perch, 3 redfish, 1 crooker, 1 speeck trout and 10 stripers . the stripers were all small 16 inch or less. was casting mepps spinners , 2 inch twisters, and a small spoon. havnt gotten that many species in a while. kept 8 perch for dinner.

pretty sweet over there, looks like the reds are getting bigger maybe keeper size by end of sept.

thinking of heading that way saturday. there or claibourne
    Last edited by surfdog; 08-13-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Awesome trip! You were so close to a keeper with that redfish. I'm drooling just thinking about it. How big was the speck? Nice work on the hefty perch, too.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

my cousin got the only speck and it was about 8 inch. last year we got sum up to 24 inch in august.. they tasted so good. was really surprised by the reds. was a new species for us both.

Comment

ive caught keeper reds on topater and live menhaeden in selby bay fish a live menhaeden under a school of breaking and youll catching anything that swims pretty much

Comment

Working...
          X