Bb 8/17/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 8/17/12

Today only managed to jig up one small striper about 15 inches. Fished from 1030 to 3pm. Water was Much cooler than a few days ago and it also looked better as it didn't have as much brown slime floating around. There are stripers around bc I saw about 7 dead stripers all around 30 inch floating by dead throughout the day. Hopefully they will start to show up soon at the bridge and things pick back up. I also hooked something in the shallow water pilings but it came off.... Fought like a flounder but who knows . Water got real choppy around 130.

Hmmm... it seems like things have been really slow a the BB lately. Maybe the cooler temperatures will help the action pick up.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Salinity has been very high this year also. That and the temps prob have them hiding somewhere else. One good thing I noticed was that all the stripers I have caught in the last month there have no sores. They actually look nice, clean and bright. I wonder if the salinity either depresses the sores/virus/bacteria from showing up. Bc I have never caught a striper in the Ocean or inlet with the sores visiblibly active. Only have caught them in the bay in brackish water or on the Susquehanna in fresh water. I caught a few back in June that had sores but since than nadda

Comment

i caught 4 keeper striper yesterday, all 18-20 inches but it was all on the shore lines fishing for white perch with spinner baits. i caught about 25 striper total about 4 others over 14 inches.

i have about 10 keeper rockfish this season, all around the shore lines.
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

DO you have a gray yak? I may have seen you while going over the bridge.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Yeah malibu pro explorer grey. Has a green milk crate with rod holders on the back

Comment

Working...
            X