St Jeromes 8/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jeromes 8/19

Fished St Jeromes from 0600-1730 on Sunday and had an interesting day. The good, managed 8 species. Blues, a skate, croaker, spot, flounder, rockfish, oyster toads and my 1st couple redfish. The bad, no keepers, unless you wanted to keep a blue, micro craoker took the tails off of 1.5 packs of gulp swimming minnows, and it was a slow pick of fish all day except for the micro croakers. Conditions went from pretty choppy for most of the day to down right rough as I was getting ready to leave with the wind building out of the south east. Fished bayside, the inlet and back in the coves. Trolled x-raps, jigged steel bucktails jerkshads and gulp, and dragged a fluke rig with cut bait. Best fish of the day was a 17 inch flounder while drifting with a gulp swimming minnow. Best blue of the day came on the fluke rig and was around 16 inches. Good fishin

Chimo

That's a nice variety of species, and congrats on the redfish. It sounds like you worked the area pretty thoroughly. It's good to hear the flounder are in even if they're undersized. I've never caught any decent croaker there, but others have. The major downside to fishing there is that there isn't much structure in the Bay outside of the inlet unless you go out to the WW reef or the Point No Point Light. The waves can be hairy in that area between how open it is and the interplay between the inlet current and the wind. The topwater action can be excellent, though, even outside of the inlet, and I've fish breakers within a 100 yards of the inlet.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Now that sure is serious time on the water. Since I heard the salinity was on the high side this season, I was thinking more and bigger flounder would wonder up the Bay. At 17", that flounder is a good sign. Maybe Cornfield will have some.

No keepers? Hey, isn't your 17 incher a keeper flattie? For MD, that is. MD is 17, DE is 18 and VA is 16.5.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post

No keepers? Hey, isn't your 17 incher a keeper flattie? For MD, that is. MD is 17, DE is 18 and VA is 16.5.
        Whoops.... Still had delaware stuck in my head I guess... That's one lucky flattie!

Comment

nice report wayne, oops

Comment

Working...
          X