bush river update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bush river update

Well no one responded to the bush river post, so I gave it a shot this morning. The river is shallow . I was fishing in 5 feet of water near some piers jigging tandem green twister tails. After 10 minutes I got a strike and landed a 25 inch striper. Not bad for the first time fishing the bush river.
    Attached Files

Nice job! I've never done that. Is the Bush River up near Conowingo someplace?

Comment

The Bush R is pretty close for me but I've never fished there, nor would I expect a nice rockfish like that to be hanging out. I'd expect LM for sure. It's interesting that the water depth is 5' and you got the striper. I would expect that the shallower water would be too warm right now, but you've shown otherwise. Was there perhaps a deeper channel nearby? At any rate, September and October are going to bring cooler temps and is usually some good striper fishing....looking forward to it! Thanks for the report, and maybe I'll see you out sometime.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

The bush river is just south of the susquehana river. I live in harford county and it is closer to me then some of the better fishing spots south of the bay bridge.

Comment

Yeah, I didn,t expect a fish of that size either. I was working in the area and I had a couple hours so I gave it a shot. The depth was 5 feet all around that area and there was no channel close by. It was high tide and some bait fish were around. Good luck fishing!

Comment

Working...
          X