Back in the saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the saddle

It's nice to be back after a 7 week layoff to recover from some surgery.
    I only had a couple of hours to spend on the water and went to Weems Creek, like fishing an old friend.
    Caught a bunch of smallish perch along the shore as I worked out to the Severn, and a small flounder, within casting distance of the launch. Out at the mouth I caught several small rock up to 14", fun on the ultra light.
    There was little boat traffic and the wind was calm, with an outgoing tide.
    Just so happy to be back on the water!

I know the feeling- I've had my share of surgeries, too- recovery is not as quick once you get past age 50- growing old ain't for sissies...good luck fishing and congratulations on getting back in the saddle-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ditto that. Been out since 06/09. Still a couple more weeks to go but itching bad. Welcome back and good luck
      Malibu Stealth 14
      Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Stu -

Congratulations on getting back on the water. I hope you continue healing until you are back to full strength. I hope to see you in Weems some time soon.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X