Heads up for CHSP Spear Fisherman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up for CHSP Spear Fisherman

read in the Fisherman magazine that cap. pete on the Top Fin was sharking out by the outer wall and hooked up on a 5' brown shark and was fighting it when it got heaver and fought harder then went slack. he ended up reeling in the front half of the brown that was bitten in half buy a much bigger shark.

my point is there are a lot of big beasts out in the green murk, watch your back and dont be bait

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
    read in the Fisherman magazine that cap. pete on the Top Fin was sharking out by the outer wall and hooked up on a 5' brown shark and was fighting it when it got heaver and fought harder then went slack. he ended up reeling in the front half of the brown that was bitten in half buy a much bigger shark.

my point is there are a lot of big beasts out in the green murk, watch your back and dont be bait

i wouldn't worry - sounds like they're feeding on other sharks. truthfully, that place is a little spooky to me.

Comment

So this may seem a little noob like but CHSP?

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Cape Henlopen State Park

They're gonna need a bigger spear.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
          i wouldn't worry - sounds like they're feeding on other sharks. truthfully, that place is a little spooky to me.
          I don't think sharks typically target humans (resource-Shark week on discovery chanel,lol) I just don't want to be one of their mistakes.

Comment

De mobile surfisherman and UDe have been doing a study on sharks from the beach and are catching some big sharks at the state park south of dewey beach. De bay has been known for large sharks

Comment

It's a good thing I bought a bigger speargun... lol. That's one of the many reasons why you don't dive alone. Thanks for the heads up.
              2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

This is an old story but maybe some haven't seen:
                http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/we...101987408.html

When I was at PLO last week I saw this on my FF

So I was thinking about rigging up like this:
                <MIKE>
                Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
                Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

doesn't garlic and holy water keep those guys away? Or is it crucifixes and silver bullets...I forget
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post

Sorry about the misunderstanding guys. I had just shot a nice mahi when I saw the brown swim by. Since my spear was otherwise occupied I decided to just bite the shark. It kept swimming which I thought was odd but now it all makes sense. Thanks john.
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by <MIKE> View Post
                      This is an old story but maybe some haven't seen:
                      http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/we...101987408.html

When I was at PLO last week I saw this on my FF

So I was thinking about rigging up like this:
                      look at the mouth on that. that was last year at st jeromes creek
                      IDk looks like a good surface plug as is
                      Jack you know u shoulnt eat while diving

Comment

They brought it into St Jerome's but it was in the fish trap/pound net on Cornfield point.
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Tiger sharks are famous for eating other sharks- a five foot Brown ( Sandbar) shark bitten in two was most probably eaten by a big adult tiger- an adult tiger swimming inshore around populated beaches is something I don't want to think about...
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Id be more worried about a Bull. I read a report of a big Tiger off Henlopen surf recently
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

SNL-knock, knock......who's there? ....land shark. That goes back a ways for those who remember. Always liked those stupid skits for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X