Bellevue 9/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellevue 9/1

After an early morning line soaking session with Shadyfisher at the BB, Sun and I went south to Bellevue in search of some easy perch. We got there around noon and the tide was super low. It started out pretty slow, but the tide was coming in and we found a nice spot with downed trees where the perch appeared to be hanging out. We caught a bunch. I caught my biggest one yet at 12". Sun eventually left with a nice mess of perch and I continued to fish. By now the tide was high enough that the grasses were in the water and the fishing got really good all around. I was catching perch after perch.

At one point, something pulled drag for the first time in the day, and I knew it wasn't a perch, but it came off. So I threw my lure back in the same spot, and bam, he took it again. A 15" red.

For a period of about 10 minutes as the tide was changing, every cast produced a fish, and even my dangling line got one while I wasn't even holding it. I also caught a little striper. And then... nothing... the bite died and I went home.

Attached Files
    Last edited by chex; 09-01-2012, 10:34 PM.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

me and topwater was leaving when you guys was pulling in to the landing. we got there at 6 in the morning. we caught tons of perch up to 12 inches. caught several small stripers and i got a 15 inch redfish. that place is awsome for just catching large numbers of fish. got a kid ? take him there he cant not catch lots of fish.

Comment

Nice looking fish!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

that's a pretty looking redfish. i guess it paid off to stick around a little longer . thanks again for introducing me the spot.
        Sun Fishin'

Comment

Wow, sweet red and nice perch. I wish I could find perch that size closer to home.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
          X