Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40+ inch bull red drum hooked in the south river,must read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40+ inch bull red drum hooked in the south river,must read!

today i was perch fising off my beach and cot some perch a little red drum and some rockfish when one cast the 1 inch beatle spin stopped andn i though it was hung and then i saw a HUGE tail with a dot on it come out of the water and splash and then saw the actual drum and thought of !@#$% when i saw how long it was. i estimated it to be at least 40 inches or larger. i though there is no way i can get this in with 2 pound test line and my 4.5 foot rod. after 20 seconds i was spoooled and wrappe dup in a tree . my heart was so broken that in broke my rod by hitting it on a rock . im not lying about this story and i hope people dont think i am because it happened and im as shocked as you are probly
    Attached Files

that is a smller 15 inch i cot earlier

Comment

I am pretty sure I know what you will be doing this weekend

Comment

there have bin a few reports lately that larger reds are being caught in the middle bay area

Comment

Go back and get him with heavier gear! I'm sure you will. I believe the people that fish for them down in the southern part of the bay use live hard crab. Good luck!
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Good news Andrew. Sorry you lost it. That news may get me out on the South River for some fishing.

Comment

I would have gone back with heavier gear but all my spinnign and baitcasting rods are at my dads ready for livlinging this weeking all I had at my moms was my ultrat light that I mess around with on afternoons just to kill time

Comment

Beetle spins rule! It is my go to lure that always puts fish in the kayak.

Comment

it was actually just a beatle spin jighead . i dont use spinner cuz i cant feel the bite i just always hope along the bottom like jigging it was a green head purple body and punk twister tails that i made

Comment

ive had a few huge hits latley, spooling me very quickly off spinner baits with gold spinners, which reds feast on.. and snapping my line with easy

i was betting on larger pickeral which ive been running into here latley, caught a 22 incher 2 days ago in a creek of north shore rd. but then i decided mayb some bigger rock are floating in these creeks. but the more i think about it.. its a very sandy bottom, and thats what reds like.. a fairly deep creek, 10+ feet.. might be these bigger reds
                    Zach Moore
                    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
                    X