CBKA Tournament and after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBKA Tournament and after

With the wind on Saturday I decided to hit some new water. Launched from Jackson Landing, not one of the approved launches as I found out later but with my catches it didn't really matter. Fished 3 main areas, a drop off / shell bar by the point next to the narrows, the shore east of the landing, and a shell bar / drop off north and east of the landing. Managed a croaker and a micro weakfish jigging metal and marked a lot of fish on the first stop next to the narrows. Next I worked the shoreline and picked up a mix of white perch and micro rock on 3" twister tails on a jig head. When I got close to the drop off I ran a high low rig with fish bites and picked up some spot that I would live line out deeper. Marked a lot of fish on the NE bar and had 7 spot and perch cut in half by blues. Even through a stinger hook on and the blues just ate around it Once I had had enough of the wind I worked the shoreline back to Jackson landing picking up more white perch and snagging a bunker. Everyone was joking about the 12" wooden ruler at check in but it turned out to be the only measuring device I needed After the check in and raffle I headed out to BB and fished the sewer pipe until around 2130. Marked a bunch of fish but only landed 2 oyster toads and 3 rock to about 17 inches. Took in a pretty neat sunset as well. Nice seeing everyone and congrats to the winners!

WTG Wayne! Weakfish, oyster toad and bunker. 14 species for the event! Nice!! Strange we didn't see more bluefish, snappers, Matt! Snapper-blues at best :-) during the event.

Comment

I heard Shawn Kimbro mention the "Sewer Pipe" while he was talking to someone at the tournament. Whereabouts is it located? PM me if you want
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Just north of the Bay Bridge on the eastern side. An easy paddle/peddle from Terrapin Park or the bridge itself. It's marked by one of those white buoys with orange lettering that might say "float free channel" or "clam line". Lots of rocks and snags. Fish are usually on the bottom down current from the structure unless it's sunset when they will come to the surface... Go get 'em!

Comment

Working...
        X