Fishing report - Black Hill Regional Park - Montgomery County MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing report - Black Hill Regional Park - Montgomery County MD

Monday 9/10 - fished from 4:30 - dark, between boat ramp and visitors center. air temps were cool, water still warm, fished finesse worms and senkos in deep water, between 15-30 feet, typical summer pattern on this lake with several LMB caught, as well as perch & bluegills. Best 3 bass pictured. This lake is fishing great right now but dont pound the banks, you will be hauling water...i accidentilly took a pic showing my super secret bait (please ignore) this was only my second time out in my new (first kayak for me) Jackson - Big Tuna...i love it...My first trip wasnt too successful, my private pond in Carroll County was drained 5 feet for upcoming construction so i took the opportunity to get accustomed to paddling around, etc. Pic of my secret pond is attached...actually its not secret...its on public property but few know about it.
    Attached Files
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Congrats on the nice bass. How do you finesse fish in 30ft of water? Do you dropshot with 1/2-1oz?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

for me 1/2 oz is toooo big. i use 1/8 most of time...maybe 1/16 if wind is not blowing maybe a 1/4 if it is. it is painstakingly slow, but that is what these fish want...a slow horizontal fall. I cast, leave my bail open while watching the line sink into the water (i count how many seconds it takes to stop falling, in my mind it is @ 1ft/sec). Often when i close the bail, the fish is on. I have more fish on when i close the bail, than i do after working the bait back to me. Also, after working the bait back to me, i ofter open the bail and let if fall again in case it has started coming up the water column.
      Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Nice report, you should compare notes with Turtle135 who fishes there regularly.

Comment

Nice fish! I had good success last time at Black Hills in the summer using a 1/8 oz slider head and 4 inch green pumpkin senko in 20-30 fow on the drop.
          Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
          Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
          Northern Pike: 24 inches
          Crappie: 12 inches
          Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

I fished there this summer caught a decent LMB first time out on a crawfish jig( went during the week)Second time out weekend, nothing,wow that place gets a lot of fishing pressure, those fish are probaly scared they'll get wamed in the head if they hang out by the banks in shallow water.Looks like you guys know what your doiing.

Comment

Working...
            X