lazy day on Weems Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazy day on Weems Creek

I had a few hours to spend some mental massage time out on the water. Didn't want to do anything serious, just lazy man fishing.
    I put in at Tucker Street around 9:45 and fished until noon.
    I caught a mess of tiny White Perch-live lining size on a 1/8 oz. Tiny Rattletrap, a few baby rock on a #13 Tony
    Spoon and one decent pickerel, maybe 20" or so, on the regular ugly green spinner jig. From the location that I caught the pickerel, I believe that John Veil and I have caught this same fish at least 3 or 4 time this summer. He just doesn't seem to learn! (the pickerel , not John!).

Originally posted by bignose View Post
    I had a few hours to spend some mental massage time out on the water. Didn't want to do anything serious, just lazy man fishing.
    I put in at Tucker Street around 9:45 and fished until noon.
    I caught a mess of tiny White Perch-live lining size on a 1/8 oz. Tiny Rattletrap, a few baby rock on a #13 Tony
    Spoon and one decent pickerel, maybe 20" or so, on the regular ugly green spinner jig. From the location that I caught the pickerel, I believe that John Veil and I have caught this same fish at least 3 or 4 time this summer. He just doesn't seem to learn! (the pickerel , not John!).
    Thanks for the report. I glad you clarified the poor learning entity.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly
      good deal and sounds like a very nice outing. i must've missed something - what is the ugly green spinner? inline spinner like mepps, or spinner arm??

Bignose (Stu) makes very nice mini spinnerbaits (safety-pin style spinners in 1/16-oz and 1/8-oz). He generously gave me some last winter that I put to good use this summer. Perch and pickerel can't resist. The photo below shows one in use catching a pumpkinseed. Stu humbly called his lures "ugly green spinners" but beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- and fish think they are good looking.

Attached Files
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Do you park at the park when you go there or on the culdesac? Never thought about putting in there before.

r/
        Neil
        -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

You have to park on the side where the houses are. Be careful about blocking driveways, and watch out for the fire hydrant.
          Cul de sac down by the ramp is posted "no parking"

My "ugly green spinner jigs" are made from a Do-it crappie spinner jig mold, and tied with artificial tail fibers. While they are not as pretty as Woody's are, they are functional and the fish don't seem to care.
          Try Tochtermans in Baltimore or order from Barlows for the molds, wire forms, swivels and blades.

Comment

i have a guy in my fishing club... which woody is in, who is making woddys spinner baits to the "T" and selling them for 1.50$
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
            X