Where did they go??? AKA Upper Severn Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did they go??? AKA Upper Severn Report

So I fished the mid to upper Severn on Monday morning from 7-11 and did reasonably well. Lots of small rock (Lost count, but somewhere between 15-20) and some nice fat perch. Average perch was probably 10" with the biggest over 12". There were two of us fishing and we managed probably two dozen perch each. About the same results I've had for the last month.

I went back out this morning, fished for two and a half hours without so much as a "how YOU doin?". I finally got two tiny rock (8" or so) and a pumpkin seed on my fly rod. Nothing so much as nibbled on my spinning tackle. There were still a lot of birds but very little in the way of active fish. I tried all my normal spots and lures with no luck. I was out a little before 7 and gave up about 11. Couldn't even catch a stupid white perch. So my question is...where did they go???
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

the south river haha they went to the south river. oh wait.. they have always been there jk theyre in deeper water because of the upcoming cold probly

Comment

That is one thing that I have learned over the years. Fish have fins and tails, they move. It is amazing how that happens.

Comment

Well, they were back today...at least sort of. One small rock on the fly and six more to about 14" on an xrap in olive green. All were within the first half hour and then it shut off like a light switch about 8:00. Stayed out until 10. Had a few nibbles but no more fish. I was also reminded of one of the first fishing lessons I ever learned...don't leave fish to find fish.
        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
        X