9/16 Severn Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/16 Severn Report

Today was an awesome day to be on the water. Virtually just a breeze. Pictures will be posted later, just of us guys fishing and the area. left my camera in Russ car

Today were had a real solid day on the water. Medic Yaker, Russ498, DaddyG, Creolo25, and another guy im not sure of his name all launched from the naval base.

We keep marking fish right off the drop off from the ramp all the way out to the channel, No rods went down unfortunately.

We got a ton of large perch.. I think the smallest fish i caught all day was 7 inchs. Biggest from myself was 12. Russ got a 12.5

All day we managed 7 species. Blue Fish, Rock Fish, White Perch, Yellow Perch, Pickeral, Flounder, and a small croaker.

All came off plastics, small 3 inch grubs behind jig heads either alone or on a spinner blade. Oddly today all bigger fish held the shore line, with not really nabbing a bite in deeper water. Biggest rock was 16 i believe. 17 inch Pickeral. 12.5 perch. 9 Inch yellow perch.

All in all a solid day of fishing. Im not sure how much longer perching will be avaible to us, but im pretty positive these coves by this launch will hold big pickeral and cat fish. Small in closed coves that get as deep as 10 feet. Many layed down trees, and deep drop offs
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Had a great time on the water as always, BassMoore it was nice meeting you and fishing with the rest of you guys. caught a bunch of perch and some rock fish 13 inch was my biggest, all on a beetle spin with a chartreuse grub. We have to get out again soon
    Attached Files
    Richard
    Yellow Hobie PA12

Comment

Congratulations on getting all those species. This afternoon I took out a friend and his two daughters to fish in the Severn in my Scout. The older girl (~12) had never caught a fish in her life. The younger one (~8) had caught only a few 3" bluegills under bobber in a pond.

Our first stop was immediately downstream from the Annapolis naval station (Carrs Creek cove). The older soon caught a perch to break the ice. The catch of the day was made by the dad who reeled in a 16" redfish using a 1/8-oz jighead and chartreuse 2" Gulp minnow on an ultralight rod. We later picked up loads of perch a few small rock in a quiet creek further upstream.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Congrats on the nice diverse day. Sounds like a blast.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Attached Files
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

the only picture I took
            from the back of the pack after we passed through the gates. My normal camera gave up the ghost and I'm reluctant to send my cell to Neptune even if he does promise 14 virgin memaids in return, so I leave it on shore
            I quit counting fish after the 10th one! Bites were plentiful as they couldn't resist the gulp mullet on a 1/4 oz jig. Fished most of greenbury point parallel to the shoreline picking on small stripers and med sized White perch.
            Bites of the day came on my return to the launch.A 14"and a 16" striper right off the rockpile to the right of the launch. Thanks to all of you for an enjoyable day!

Comment

Working...
            X