Jonas Green - Sunday Quick Trip 9.16.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green - Sunday Quick Trip 9.16.12

Myself and a Friend sliped away for 3-4 hours on sunday for some pullage.

We arrived at the park @ 1:30 pm to a sunny mild wonderful day. Suprisingly there was very few people on the water for as nice of a day as it was.

We put in and i trolled a clark spoon and a spro bucktail all the way down to the mouth of weems creek. Had one bluefish 12-14 inches chase the bucktail out of the water as i was reeling in which i thought was pretty cool. Had to clean off grass from both lures multiple times during the paddle down so i decided to switch to the ultralight and work some of the deeper water oyster bars and hard bottom. Thanks to JA Veils map i set up in about 15 feet of water over some oyster shells and started picking up 8-12" White perch right away. Put 20 or so in the box over 10" within 40 minutes and threw as many back sub 10". Had several short rockfish 12-17" as well all jigging metal vertically.

We saw several boats working the route 50 bridge pilings so we decided to take a paddle to some deeper water structure on the bridge pilings.
    Once there we dropped and started hooking up right away once again 8-11" fish one after anothner basically until we got tired of catching. We also caught several more short rockfish 12-17" (No keepers today). Unlike some of the photos i have seen lately of sickly looking rockfish these were fat and healthy looking.

The best part of the day for me was hooking two perch at the same time on the same lure. 3/4" silver buddie with one perch on each trebble man they were hungry!!!

Good day on the water.. Looking forward to some more fall fishing next weekend.

Meadeo

Attached Files
    2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Thanks for the report. I almost went to Jonas Green on Sunday and was wondering how it was. Glad to hear that there wasn't much boat traffic. Probably low because football season has started. You gotta love two on one lure. The last time that happened for me was small mouth fishing on the Potomac.
    <MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Nice report and thanks for sharing the pic of the two perch on one lure. I've never seen that before with Perch.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

1/2" inch off citation so close yet so far.. Big fish of the day.. Thing was a hog has to go 1.5 lbs...

Meadeo
        Attached Files
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Good report. You caught a lot of fish. The Severn can be very productive these days. As you showed, there are multiple ways to fish, and many locations that are holding fish.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
          X