Choptank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choptank

Going to be staying with the family right on the water this weekend. Spitting distance from the pier. Has anyone been fishing the area lately?

I thought I replied to this...musta been drunk. I live on the Choptank about 3 miles south of the bridge. Good fishing just south of the bridge by the big drop offs, casting the shore lines will produce BIG perch and rockfish in the keeper range. Croaker has been almost non existant in the choptank this year, Ive only caught a handful over 10" or so. You can bottom fish, but I would go with a jighead/GULP combo, you can add a spinner to the jighead. This will catch Rockfish, and perch. Or you can use Rat-L-Traps, I go with Half oz to weed out little fish, sometime 3/4 oz. You can catch MONSTER perch on very large Rat-L-Traps. The Cotton Cordell brand works well also and is a few dollars cheaper.

I might be able to get out with you this weekend just let me know when your guna be out and maybe I can just meet you out there.
    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Thanks for the info... PM me your phone number and maybe we can meet up.

Comment

Where do you launch a kayak on the Choptank in the areas that you are talking about fishing? I have never kayak fished that area of the Choptank before.....

Comment

Moc- there is a public boat launch right in downtown cambridge, I believe its called Great Marsh Park but im not sure. That will put you out right by that big white thing you see on the right when coming over the bridge into cambridge. I am lucky enough to have a private launch at the facility I work at that puts me out at channel marker20, about 3 miles south of the bridge.

Japzero- unfortunately Im headin to Kent Island right now to do some drinking so I wont be able to make it out today. GL
          -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
          -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Working...
          X