Severn 9/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn 9/20

Fished this morning with mytmouse & foursteps. We the waters off the end of the pier, jigging with lures. Non-stop action once we got on the fish. Double stripers...double perch...fish hitting on the drop...fish chasing lures up to the surface. They were mostly small, but fun action nonetheless on light tackle. After one hit & hookset, I thought I had a routine perch until the fish took off and had me bowed over more that I'd been all morning. "WHOA WHOA!!!" It turned out to be a 16.5" striper. When it was coming to the surface, I thought I might have had a keeper. That was fun.

We caught countless fish this morning. Foursteps is still out there crabbing. When we left him around 10am, he had 10 keepers using his traps. I came home with 7 perch, 9" -10". They will be fried tonight...consumed while watching football!
    <insert witty comment here>

I sleep in, gonna head out now to tucker st. ramp though and see if I can't catch some fish and the rod my roommate lost earlier this week.

Comment

Awesome! I have some serious fishing withdraw symptoms...... How did you get double perch on lures, that shit cray
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

So its like that huh,
        thats why you were only catching small fish! Lol
        GB

Comment

PBR in the morning

I launched at Jonas Green around 09:30 and saw Metro and Myt as they were leaving. I went to the same area and caught lots of perch, blues and rock. I had several blues that were in the 14"-16" range. I had to abandon the soft baits and go to all metal because of bite offs. One blue even bit off a jig head and twister tail. He's gonna have some gastro-intestinal distress.
          Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
            Awesome! I have some serious fishing withdraw symptoms...... How did you get double perch on lures, that shit cray
            LMFAO

I was using a lure made by this little old guy that I always see at flea markets. The bottom is a painted trolling sinker with a hook & feather on the bottom...12" above it is a teaser/dropper fly.

Comment

GB, Im gearing up for a Delaware trip with you. Got my new jigging rod the other day...

Comment

GB, Im gearing up for a Delaware trip with you. Got my new jigging rod the other day...

Comment

trout bomb! I need to figure out how to make one of those. pic please.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I caught a couple nice blues out there too... even caught one on a teaser fly! I was gonna be pissed if it had cut through my money. He was nice enough to let it be! GB I'm trying to get to DE too, but we gotta go after some Tog too! I got one of those rigs like Metroman too... but I just have too much fun on my Lil Bunka Spoon and dropper fly. They look very easy to make yourself Ryan. I'll check back to see if Metro hasn't snapped a pic of it later this evening or I will when I put my stuff up.

Comment

I'll post a pic this afternoon

Comment

Comment

Nice Thanks! I will make one for my next outing.
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Mytmouse has a similar set up, but instead of the painted sinker at the bottom, he uses a Specialized Bait Bunker Spoon. Since it looks more like a bait fish, it gets more hits than the painted sinker. He's caught some aggressive perch on it.

Comment

Metro,

Are you just droping that straight down and jigging it up and down, or throwing it out and jigging it back to you?
                              Keith
                              2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
                              X