Thursday afteroon-er 9/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday afteroon-er 9/27

One inch longer and this redfish in the first picture would have been a legal keeper and ended up in the pan instead of released back into the Bay- I caught a half dozen just like this one that made for a nice afternoon of UL fishing- 4 lb. test Spyderwire monofiliment on my Quantum Ultra Light spinning reel (pictured in the third "Bill" picture)- using a redfish magic with 1/8 oz flat head jig tipped with 3 inch curly tail Gulp chartreuse...they fight like hell on this setup- feels like landing a much bigger fish- shallow water was where I found them yesterday- 1-3 feet deep in fast moving water- outgoing tide- lots of small stripers, too- I caught bluefish, croaker, striper and redfish- fished two and a half hours and headed home after taking a "Bill" sunset shot on the way back to the launch-
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-28-2012, 11:15 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I stepped out from work for lunch on Thursday and the weather was so nice. I was hoping someone was out there catching some good ones. Nice catches... to bad that one wasn't bigger. The "Bill" Sunset shot looks nice.
    <MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Weather and the water conditions were super nice- beautiful, picture perfect- I fished alone, but had a really good time- caught a lot of fish that were all fun on the ultra light tackle- the bigger redfish ran the drag a lot- this is the last fishing trip for me until after the general election- big time work travel coming on for me-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X