Severn River 10/04/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River 10/04/12

I fished from Jonas Green for a few hours today. First, I hit the spot that has been producing lots of small rock, blues and perch . You know, off the end of the fishing pier, in the main channel. The fish there have been pretty consistent, holding on the upriver side of the old bridge debris. They haven't changed, although today they seemed to be on the move. I'd drift over them once or twice and then had to go looking for them again. The size of fish seems to be getting bigger. I had more fish in the 15" range than in previous weeks. I saw some birds working right in front of the Severn Inn but by the time I paddled over, the birds had stopped working. I marked some pretty big bait balls but couldn't manage to catch anything.
    I then headed upriver to the old railroad bridge and caught some perch and small rock up there. There were some large areas of breaking fish in the river between the old rr bridge and Jonas Green but again, I couldn't get anything to bite.
    Hobie PA 12

I was out there too from about 530-830. I tried jigging the old bridge debris first thing, but the tide was dead and I didnt have any luck. I went up river to the Oyster bed near the old rail road bridge and when the tide finally started to move I caught perch every time I dropped a lure to the bottom and my FF was lit up. I used a small kastmaster. I tried larger spoons hoping to find larger fish, but it didnt work. I probably caught 60 fish in the hour I fished over the oyster bed, mostly perch in the 7-10 inch range, a few small Stripers and two spot. Did you catch any Blues? Im still looking for my first one this year...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I saw some tire tracks down to the water but didn't see anyone out there. I didn't launch until 09:30.
      Yea, I caught several blues on the bridge debris and my plastics were getting torn up. I even saw a small rock fish that was bitten in half. Poor guy was just twitching on the surface. I'm guessing bluefish.
      Hobie PA 12

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it out there this morning. I may give it a shot tomorrow morning or possibly Saturday morning. With that cold front moving in I'm hoping the fish are looking to feed. I know I am!
        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Where's the railroad bridge? I have fished off Jonas a few times but don't know about this.
          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

It is up river from Jonas, right next to Manresa. That's the huge white mansion on the North side of the river. You can see the old tracks sticking out from the bank.
            Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
              It is up river from Jonas, right next to Manresa. That's the huge white mansion on the North side of the river. You can see the old tracks sticking out from the bank.
              thanks I do fish there just never know it's a RR
              2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

Working...
              X