Loch Raven Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven Reservoir

First time in Loch raven had a good time with the family caught 2 bass and a yellow perch.
    Attached Files

Nice job. It's good to see a report from up at Loch Raven!

Comment

Good deal,, so fes up,, The wife caught all the fish ??

Slack
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Great way to spend quality time w/ the family!
        you must be 1 L of a partner- not only did you take the fish off the hook for her- you posed for a pic of her fish
        I was disappointed to find out the Loch no longer allows Daily launches
        I refuse to pay for a barely used permit that requires I only use the boat in City owned lakes

Comment

hahaha i always seem to have much more luck with her than without her... Loch raven is pretty expensive if someone wanted to make it daily ordeal, we just rented a boat and i used my own rolling motor and battery cost about $20 for the whole day but a permit is $60 for the season plus 99 if you wanted to keep your vessel there. Pretty rough for average man.

Comment

Sounds like fun. How long was the perch? Also, what brand rod is that in the second pic? I always wanted a blue rod...
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
              Also, what brand rod is that in the second pic? I always wanted a blue rod...
              What I want to know is what kind of rod is in the FOURTH pic. That thing looks awesome! Ictalurus, you're gonna need one of those pretty soon.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

the perch was about 7 inches and the rod i bought at Walmart, I took the reel off and used the stick with a basspro baitcast and 10lb test line. I works really.

Comment

jad66 - Loch Raven is my old stomping grounds. I was born and raised on Bosley Road not too far from the Dulaney Valley Bridge. Back in the late 1950s/60s the Loch Raven watershed was a great place for a mother to let her last born son run wild without fear of perverts in white vans giving me "a rides". No doubt what I learned from years roaming the Loch Raven watershed set me on a life-long adventure studying all aspects of nature and conservation.

For you old pharts over 62, you can get a free row boat at Loch raven on Wednesdays during the summer months up to Labor Day. Motors and batteries extra. jad - I'm surprised the boating center let you use your trolling motor. This summer I went there for the free rowboat offer and I had hopes of attaching my 40# troller. But noooo... like with private boats, if I used my trolling motor anywhere else than I couldn't use it in Loch Raven... major bummer. So I rented a lemon of a 30# trolling motor that pushed me along around 2mph... useless motor in my opinion. I ended up rowing most of the time, which I am very much use to. Anyway, boats for those over 62 are free on Wednesdays.
                  Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Im quite aways form 62 cause if i was i surely would be taking advantage of the opportunity. About the motor I didnt have a problem the guys there were even the slightest subjective about me using my own motor. I had a 45lbs plus i rented a extra battery but didnt even need it. We were there form 930-300 and the battery didnt show any signs of running low even with the motor on high speed most of the time. Def planning on returning again one day. I still gotta give triadelphia reservoir a try too.

Comment

Working...
                    X