Herring Bay 10/6/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herring Bay 10/6/12

I ventured into nay_sayer territory today. I launched around noon and mostly fished the jetties, but trolled around some as well. Found schools of baitfish being picked at by birds, but could only pull dink stripers out of them. The wind really picked up and a storm passed by, but I fished through it. It didn't last very long, but the wind stuck around for the rest of the day.

I caught too many small stripers 16" and under. I was really hoping for a bigger one, but couldn't find one. I also caught a small redfish.

Biggest achievements of the day were 2 12" WP and one at 11".
    Attached Files
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

The perch fishing in Herring Bay is something else. I haven't been able to find perch of that consistant quality anywhere else. That striper looks nice and fat even if it was shore. By the way, did you get a new camera mount?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Those are some nice perch and congrats on the red.
      36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
      20ft C-hawk
      14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, the reds are always fun, and the perch keep me from going home empty handed. I can always justify my absence from home with a fat perch or two.

Bill, I've had the camera mount for some time (it's a ram wedge mount in the sail mast hole to which I attach a 6" extension and then the ram tripod mount). I haven't been using it much though because the tripod socket of the Pentax WG-1 that I use on there is very weak and has broken. I fixed it last week with some super glue, but it broke again yesterday, in a different place! I have to find a better way to mount it. I like this camera for the front of the yak because it has a waterproof wireless remote. I probably also need a 8" extension... the pedals are kinda in the way.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Where is herring bay? Eastern shore?
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

western shore
            36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
            20ft C-hawk
            14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter