Severn River Crabbing: 10/5/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River Crabbing: 10/5/12

The video kinda explains it all. (not yet ready for viewing on mobile devices. That should be cleared up in a day or so..we'll see)

http://youtu.be/_0iogBK0ucY

Last edited by MetroMan; 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM.
    <insert witty comment here>

Nice job metro. I like the the last 5 seconds of the moving showing what you'll look like in 30 years...the crusty crabber :-P

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

You brought the party to the crabs! Nice Work. Only manged 13 yesterday, but it was way too windy... We'll have a nice meal while watching football though
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice work Metro, I definitely need to set up my Outback to run a trotline next spring. How much water do you think you were in? I noticed a lot of people running deeper lines out there.

Ryan- I was out there yesterday too and it was pretty slow and rough. My dad and I ran our line on his boat from about 7 to 11 and only managed about 3 dozen nice crabs. We were definitely laid up in too shallow of water for this time of year in a spot that usually produces for me mid summer. First time we brought our pup out on the boat to crab and she did great.
        Attached Files
        Shane
        Hobie Outback

Comment

I was in 9' - 12/14ish. At times the deeper end produced, and other times as seen in the vid, the shallow end where I began the line produced.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Ok yea I was a little more shallow than that on an edge going from about 9'-5'. Thanks for the video and I think I need to add some music while running the line, seems to get them to bite better!
            Shane
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Great job Metro! I need to get out their soon.

Comment

I was crabbing just outside of weems creek (not my normal spot) in about 9-11 feet. This time of year I like to set my traps just about as deep as I can which is about 12-13 feet, but thought better of getting out to that depth...
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Good job! Enjoyed the video.
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                  X